Saturday 2 June 2012

The Light of the world


Price: 49 USD
Title: Light of the world
Medium: Original Acrylic
Artist: Dorraine
Size: 11"x8"
UNFRAMED
To purchase this original unframed painting, please click on this link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/90915242/mini-masterpiece-original-acrylic


John 8v12

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said,

 "I am the Light of the world. 

If you follow Me, you won't have to walk in darkness,  

because you will have the light that leads to life."


Lighthouses.... my favourite topic to paint.  After I started this awesome journey with God, I went on my knees, asking Him to give me ideas on how to use my talents for His glory and at the same time, supplement my income.  I asked the Lord specifically for a business that will bring glory to Him and touch peoples lives for Him.  The idea of lighthouse paintings combined with scriptures kept on popping into my mind. 

One morning I went for a walk on the beach and once again I asked the Lord for ideas.  Again the "Lighthouse Scripture Paintings" idea popped into my mind.  I then asked the Lord: "If this is from you, please confirm it to me."  That same morning, as I got to work, someone sent me a message on my mobile phone and this is what it said: 

"You are the light of the world.
 A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 

Oh wow! That was my answer. That was the confirmation I asked for.  I then knew this was a "God Idea". Thank you Lord for that confirmation!   Romans 9:1b ...the Holy Spirit confirm it.
Since that day I have painted and sold many lighthouse paintings and I have received numerous testimonies from people, telling me how God has touched and spoken to them through the paintings. I remember one man's testimony...  His wife and him was attending an event in a huge marquee tent on the beachfront and a very strong wind came up, causing one of the poles that was holding the tent up to collapse. As the tent came tumbling down on them, they felt, what he described as a "shield of protection" around them and they were not injured.  The very next morning, they were enjoying breakfast in our church's coffee shop, when his eyes fell on one of my lighthouse paintings against the wall. He was so touched when he read the scripture on the painting:

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my saviour;
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
 He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.

Needless to say, that same painting is now hanging in their living room!

Be blessed!
Dorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment