Tuesday 5 June 2012

For the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these


NOT FOR SALE
Artist: Dorraine
Medium: Oil

Mark 10 v 13-16

13 One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him.
14 When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples. He said to them, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.” 16 Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them.


I am also a teacher in Children's  Ministry and I love children. I painted this painting was a gift for our precious assistant youth pastor, to thank her for all her hard work.

I prayed A LOT before I had the guts to paint this painting. I never want to paint something, without Him leading and guiding my brushstrokes. Here you see the little children of all nationalities, playfully dancing around Jesus. This is a very bright painting, lots of warm, bright, happy colours. The rainbow colours symbolise our diversity.  We are all so different, yet in Gods Kingdom we are one. God loves each and every one of us soooo much, no matter what our race or nationality or background. In Him, we are all a royal priesthood.  Princes and princesses.   He is standing with His big arms wide open. He wants us to all come to Him with childlike faith... like a little child and just receive everything He has for us ... love, joy, peace.  He is the best Father we can imagine! He is our Abba Father... our Daddy and we are His children. In Him we are complete. 

Be blessed
Dorraine

Matthew 18 v 2-5

 About that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?”
2 Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them. 3 Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. 4 So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.
5 “And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf[ is welcoming me. 6 But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in Me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea.

2 comments:

  1. I was inspired by the same verses this week as I took pictures of our own children! Beautiful Paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nancy, thanks so much! Yes, God is so awesome, the way He speaks to you and then also confirms His word by leading you to my blog! Be blessed! :-)

    ReplyDelete